< Back to All Jobs
Kempinski - 18 days ago
Posted: 07 December, 2019
Emirates Palace is centrally located in the heart of Abu Dhabi, close to major visitor attractions and the main business areas of the city. Just 40 minutes from Abu Dhabi International Airport and 90 minutes from Dubai Airport, Emirates Palace is conveniently situated for both leisure and business travelers. Popular tourist sites close to the Emirates Palace include the Grand Mosque and the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre, both located 20 minutes away. The Marina Mall and major shopping attractions are also within walking distance of the hotel.
Waiter / Waitress
Under the supervision of the Restaurant Manager, the waiter / waitress is responsible for ensuring that guests are served food and beverage according to the standards of Emirates Palace.
- Set-up stations and tables according to set standards.
- Greet the guest according to the standards set by Emirates Palace.
- Communicate with the guest according to the standards set by Emirates Palace.
- Assist captain in presenting the menu, making recommendations and taking orders.
- Serving food and beverage items and ensuring prompt service.
- Follow up on billing and checking procedures.
- Ensure that the buffet is kept clean and free of debris.
- Co-ordinate and assist the clearing of tables.
- Co-ordinate and assist the clearing of station.
- Co-ordinate and supervise the return of dirty linen.
- Assist the kitchen clearing the buffet.
- To be present in the restaurant during service hours.
- Ensure that the captain is kept informed of all guest comments and complaints.
- Attend communication meeting, briefings and training sessions as required by the restaurant manager, training manager and food and beverage manager.
- To keep uniform neat and clean and ensure good personal grooming and hygiene in accordance to the standards of Emirates Palace.
- Any other duties, which may be assigned to you from time to time as directed by your Supervisor or Manager.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time, depending on the need of the business and hotel.
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- 1-2 years’ experience in an F&B service role
- English Language proficiency
- Concern for quality and attention to details
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and can multitask
- Ability to remain calm and composed under pressure
- Flexible in terms of scheduling
- Applies a professional, confidential and ethical approach at all times
- Able to stand and walk all day
Hoteliers since 1897, we have traveled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realize their full potential.
Embrace an experience as individual as you are!
Organization: Emirates Palace Abu Dhabi
Primary Location: United Arab Emirates-Abu Dhabi
Job Type: Regular
Job Level: Staff
Job Posting: Nov 18, 2019
Unposting Date: Dec 18, 2019
Job Number:: 190002K5
Kempinski - 18 days ago
How to Apply?