< Back to All Jobs
GHD - 13 hours ago
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Posted: 18 April, 2019
Senior Mechanical Engineer - ABU00319
Primary Location - UAE-Abu Dhabi
With more than 10000 people around the globe, GHD is one of the world’s leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation. Serving clients across five continents and the Pacific region, GHD people share a passion for exceeding the expectations of our clients and contributing to their success.
Privately owned by our people, GHD will support you to move overseas for job opportunities as well as enhance a collaborative and culturally diverse working environment. We give you the opportunity to work on interesting projects with industry leaders along with career development through the GHD Business School, flexible leave and family-friendly policies.
As a global firm, GHD continues to expand our market presence across the Middle East. We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and proactive Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our Abu Dhabi office. The candidate would have a sound understanding of current mechanical engineering technologies in design, management and delivery of large institutional residential, commercial, educational, hotel and hospitality developments and healthcare facilities.
- Bachelors or Masters in Engineering, ideally a Chartered professional.
- 10 years’ of experience with a proven record of delivering large-scale multidisciplinary sustainable building designs, on time and within budget in a commercial environment.
- Experience with Building Information Management (Revit) is desirable.
- Knowledge of British, NFPA, ASHRAE and CIBSE standards and requirements.
- Middle East experience and a working knowledge of design, international standards and construction practices specific to this region, will be considered favourably.
Key Responsibilities not limited to:
- Writing Technical reports and Specifications.
- Capable of developing mechanical services design, including HVAC, plumbing and firefighting from conceptual stage to completion.
- Lead the development of design practices within the team including calculation methods, and use of energy modelling and analysis software for all services.
- Conducting assignment and investigative work, of specific scope and complexity in accordance with skill development, involving set elements of broader assignments.
- Performing investigations using a variety of methods and techniques.
- Making routine technical decisions following clearly defined procedures as guidance, and developing solution focused recommendations.
- Manage client and key stakeholder engagement on project delivery.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external multi-disciplinary teams to achieve the best results for the project.
- Provide input into the development of customised workflows and scripts in BIM and modelling software
- Developing fee proposals and negotiating contracts with clients.
In addition to your technical strengths, we are looking for strong mentoring skills with the ability to lead a team and deliver innovative solutions to clients. Demonstrate support and compliance with the requirements of the GHD Quality Assurance, Health, Safety and Management System through proactive implementation of these system requirements in project delivery.
Demonstrate commitment to GHD's values, Code of Conduct and Policies through a collaborative working approach with the GHD team.
This is a great opportunity for you to develop your career while being part of a well-established and growing organisation. A competitive salary package will be offered to the successful candidate based on qualifications, skills and experience.
GHD practices family friendly policies and warmly welcomes applications from all nationalities and supports the nationalisation programs in Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
Please forward your covering letter and resume.
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job Posting : Apr 17, 2019 - May 18, 2019
GHD - 13 hours ago
How to Apply?