Senior Manager Financial Planning
The Finance Department is responsible for managing all the financial aspects of EXPO 2020. The department functions include planning organizing, auditing, accounting for and controlling finances, as well as reporting and producing financial statements.
The Senior Manager Financial planning will:
- Manage Business financial planning unit to deliver forecast and budget;
- Business partner with key stakeholders across several functional areas;
- Support Finance management decisions;
- Manage and control key financial processes such as reporting, outlooks and Purchase Requisition approval, always ensuring business owners fully understand and own the expenditure under their control;
- Business partner with the business to drive and develop the budget and outlook activities for assigned areas, including the review and approval process for both OpEx and CapEx;
- Develop and review mechanisms to track key performance measures to ensure this can be understood by all key stakeholders;
- Manage the preparation of the business plan and understand the implications on OpEx and CapEx to ensure these are included in the budgets/forecasts;
- Provide insightful and forward looking commentary for all variances to budgets/outlooks, ensuring that this provides assigned areas with key actions to remediate variances;
- Own cost control processes for assigned areas, including cost performance analysis and financial investigations;
- Develop an understanding of underlying trends within assigned areas and be able to spot the emergence of new trends through review of the numbers and also through developing relationships across all areas of the business;
- Advise management of significant variances in performance/projects and support solutions for possible corrective actions;
- Assist and support with process improvements to the finance structure, systems and processes, coordinating with the relevant departments where required;
- Advise functional areas on any potential operational improvements and contribute ideas to the departmental heads and Finance;
- Budget control and analysis;
- Provide assistance in the flow of documents required to facilitate the approval processes for new projects, Change Authorization requests (CARs, Request for Procurement (RFPs));
- Facilitate business case feasibility analysis for new and/or extended projects to validate, identify foreseen efficiencies and ensure risk mitigation to support management decision process.
8+ years of experience in finance as well as:
- Minimum Accounting qualification requirement - MBA/CMA/CIMA, ICA/ACCA or CA/CPA (Accounting & Business Management;
- Good understanding of operations projects/areas;
- Strong Understanding of budgeting and reporting requirements and IFRS standards;
- Financial modeling skills with proficiency knowledge in MS Office applications;
- SAP work experience is a must;
- Analytical ability with good understanding of business, detail oriented and problem solving skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are necessary;
- Able to manage change and cope with complex and ambiguous tasks;
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills with ability to explain technical financial information clearly;
- Detailed knowledge in regards to Procurement to Pay process.
Expo 2020 - 8 days ago
How to Apply?