Senior Financial Analyst
The Finance Department is responsible for managing all the financial aspects of Expo2020. The department functions include planning, organizing, auditing, accounting for and controlling finances, as well as reporting and producing financial statements.
The Senior Analyst - Financial Planning and Analysis will support the Senior Manager - Financial Planning and Analysis in all budgeting & planning activities. Business partner with key stakeholders across several functional areas to understand and deliver detailed, accurate and timely financial plans. Business Partner with the Integrated Operations Office (IOO), to align budget to scope and milestones.
- Business partner with stakeholders to drive and develop the budget and outlook activities for assigned areas, including the review and approval process for both OpEx and CapEx;
- Develop and review mechanisms to track key performance measures and cascaded to stakeholders;
- Support in preparation of business plan and understand the implications on OpEx and CapEx;
- Provide insightful and forward looking commentary for all variances to budgets/outlooks and ensuring key actions to remediate variances;
- Manage cost control processes for assigned areas, including cost performance analysis and financial investigation;
- Develop an understanding of underlying trends within assigned areas and be able to spot the emergence of new trends through review of the numbers and also through developing relationships across all areas of the business;
- Advise management of significant variances in performance/projects and support solutions for possible corrective action;
- Assist and support with process improvements to the finance structure, systems and processes, coordinating with the relevant departments where required;
- Budget control and analysis;
- Responsible for purchase requisitions (PR) approvals, including governance of ensuring compliance with the budget assignment for purchased items.
2+ years of working experience ideally in a similar role preferably within the Events industry;
- Bachelors degree within a relevant field;
- Minimum Accounting qualification requirement MBA/CMA/CIMA, ICA/ACCA or CA/CPA (Accounting & Business Management);
- Good understanding of operations projects/areas;
- Strong Understanding of budgeting and reporting requirements and IFRS standards;
- Financial modeling skills with proficiency knowledge in MS Office applications;
- Excellent knowledge of Performance Reporting tools/ applications;
- Analytical ability with good understanding of business, detail oriented and problem solving skills;
- Knowledge of Oracle / SAP Financials;
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills with ability to explain technical financial information clearly;
Expo 2020 - 24 days ago
How to Apply?