As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
Al-Futtaim is now entering the healthcare sector. We will expand our product and service portfolio by providing high-quality health and patient care. Using the latest innovations in technology and best clinical practices, we will strive to improve health outcomes and support people within the UAE and beyond to live happier, healthier and better lives
Come join us to live well, work better, and be the best.
Description of Accountabilities:
- Identifies correct out-patients of all ages by requesting the patient (or guardian) to state his / her full name and comparing that with the name on the requisition
- Consistently draws blood properly using established laboratory procedures ( i.e., proper patient identification, proper tube selection, etc.); rarely fails to obtain a blood sample on the first attempt
- Always verifies and collects proper samples required for specific tests
- Always initials, dates and records time blood, urine or culture collected on all laboratory requisition forms
- Always accurately labels specimens (patient’s name, medical record number, initials date and time collected)
- Correctly logs all patient and specimen collection records in the laboratory Information System
- Maintains awareness of timed specimen’s collection and their importance and attempts to collect these specimens at appropriate time (i.e., Glucose, Isoenzymes, Drugs, Blood Cultures, Hemograms, etc.)
- Properly instructs out-patients of all ages, in the correct way to collect urine specimens (i.e., for C&S, GTT’s, etc.)
- Correctly processes all lab requisitions, forms, and specimens for routine and reference tests
- Enforces and follows all laboratory safety rules and reports any possible hazards to Unit In-charge
- Shares appropriate communication with other laboratory personnel involving difficult Venipuncture, timed specimens, etc.
- Keeps the Phlebotomy areas neat, clean and well stocked with supplies
- Keeps blood drawing trays neat, clean and well supplies
- Maintains an adequate supply of specimen collection equipment, (i.e., routine, special test and reference test needs)
- Is attentive to and follows HealthHub policy with regard to “Universal Precautions”
- Consistently completes routine blood draws within 10 minutes
- Consistently determines proper priorities when organizing daily tasks and is able to adjust schedule in view of STAT’s, out-patients and time draws
- Refers to appropriate policy and procedure manuals as necessary and communicates with reference labs for proper specimen requirements
- Utilizes supplies equipment in a non-wasteful manner
- Readily assists other laboratory personnel when requested
- Can perform all tasks assigned to the Phlebotomist
- Greets patients in a courteous manner, responds to patients with empathy and positive interpersonal skills
- Inspires confidence from patients and visitors by performing and communicating in a professional manner at all times
- Demonstrates competence in all procedures required of a phlebotomist in accordance with institutional policies; with particular emphasis on blood samples, blood cultures, referral tests and specimen requirements
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
Graduate Degree in nursing or equivalent & must hold a current DHA/HAAD/MOH registration as a Phlebotomist.
Minimum 4+ years experience in a similar role.
Undertake clinical duties, with relevant training in the below areas:
- Basic Life Support
- Blood Sugar Monitoring
- Blood Disposal
- Clinical Sample Quality
- Sample Collection
- Infectious Substances
- Hazardous Substances
- Blood Bourne Viruses
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Safe Storage
- Maintain Health and safety practices in the clinical area.
- Time management
- Infection control management
- Excellent presentation and analytical skills
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Good decision making skills
- Strong operational thinking skills
- Critical Thinking, Conflict Management
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
Additional Internal Information:
Al-Futtaim - 11 days ago
How to Apply?