The Applied Intelligence division of BAE Systems delivers solutions which protect and enhance the connected world. Everything we do creates a safer future.
We want to solve problems for our customers and by bringing together great minds, we can work together to make the world a safer place.
BAE Systems Applied Intelligence is looking for a Kuwait National to take on the role of Personal Assistant to the Kuwait General Manager. The successful candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks, together with knowledge of Kuwait Government departments.
The role requires someone who is passionate about getting the right solution to meet the customer’s operational mission and current maturity level.
What you will be doing
The executive PA will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks, and will be able to work independently with little or no supervision. They must be exceedingly well organized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting a senior executive, and their direct reports and teams as required.
They must have the ability to interact with staff at all levels, sometimes under pressure, whilst remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. They should have expert level written and verbal communication skills, in both Arabic and English, strong decision-making ability and attention to detail. Duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Act as Personal Assistant to the Kuwait General Manager and any number of their leadership team, which requires an in depth understanding of the executive’s role, their priorities, the relative importance of e-mails and other forms of communication, and managing their time according to the required level of understanding.
- Proactively seek to understand changing priorities and requirements of the Kuwait General Manager and the team in general.
- Diary management is essential and includes arranging any refreshments, lunches or dinners as required.
- Deal with correspondence which requires managing in-boxes, taking telephone messages and handling post, disseminating to direct reports as may be appropriate.
- Travel arrangements, both international and national, including any VISAs or ESTAs as required. Booking of all travel, including flights, taxis, hotels and car parking as required. Understanding the geography of each office location and differing time zones is essential.
- Processing of expense claims and timesheets, ensuring the right cost centre codes are used and expenses are allocated correctly and within Company policy.
- Ensure Board Reports for each Board Meeting are submitted on time to enable printing and binding of the final report by specified deadlines. Actions must be put in front of the senior executive/Manager to ensure they are completed in the timeline given, which means checking the progress of action points raised
- Assist with Management and Leadership Team meetings: compiling agenda and preparing meeting papers, distributing correct documentation for meetings, attending meeting and taking minutes, compiling and distributing the minutes, and follow up progress on actions between meetings.
- Provide assistance with organising regular business unit events and other social engagements, including sourcing of venues and related services, and managing delivery in line with allocated budget.
- Administrative duties include supporting on-going projects with tasks such as filing, invoicing, raising POs and presentation production.
- Provide first class secretarial support to the business unit/group
What we are looking for
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Awareness of Knowledgebase and the PA Portal
- Good understanding of SAP, including Timesheets, Purchasing and Reporting
- Experience of working in a commercial business, ideally professional services businesses and meeting deadlines
- Understanding of technology-based markets
- Previous experience of working as a PA at Director Level
- Strong Kuwaiti cultural awareness, etiquette, customs and influence
- Secretarial/Typing qualifications (up to RSA 3 level) and speedwriting/shorthand useful (for minute taking)
- Excellent telephone manner and friendly personality
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to adapt communication styles as appropriate
- Influencing and persuasion skills in order to manage key stakeholders on behalf of the executive
- Commercial and negotiation skills to ensure optimum management of budget-related tasks, e.g. event organisation
- Enthusiastic and flexible approach to varied work and travel
- Well organized, with an eye for attention to detail
- Ability to plan logistically to maximize effective diary management
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills, in both Arabic and English
Security Clearance is required for this vacancy. If you are not currently Security Cleared, you will need to be eligible for this and willing to go through the process. For more guidance on National Security Vetting please click here.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence:
We help nations, governments and businesses around the world defend themselves against cyber crime, reduce their risk in the connected world, comply with regulation, and transform their operations. We do this using our unique set of solutions, systems, experience and processes.
Our success is down to our people. The changing nature of our business means that we’re constantly looking for the brightest talent to help us fulfil our ambitions. As an experienced professional, we’ll entrust you with responsibility; this means that you’ll have client contact, variety and support from day one.
We'll encourage and support you to develop your skills and reward you as you grow. Whatever your area of expertise, you'll be much more than just a job title; you'll be an integral part of the business where your individual contribution makes a difference every day. Great minds deserve great rewards, so we also offer a very competitive salary and benefits package.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. Staying competitive in today’s global marketplace requires an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. We also welcome discussions about flexible working.
Division Overview: Functions
Be the power behind our business - Our Corporate Functions keep us growing from strength to strength.
Help us secure a connected world by being an unseen hero. Apply now and be inspired.
BAE Systems Applied Intelligence - 30+ days ago
How to Apply?