Part Time Usher
Part Time Usher
JOB ROLE SUMMARY
To lead the delivery of world class customer service at Dubai Opera, whilst
ensuring the welfare of audience members and guests and upholding all
Dubai Opera policies. Assist Patrons during events by performing duties
such as meeting and greeting, scanning admission tickets, directing to
seats, locating facilities such as rest rooms, monitoring the audience during
the performance, pro-actively identifying and resolving issues in a timely
Part Time Ushers can expect to work a minimum of one shift per month.
Applications only considered from candidates holding parent, student or
Experience and Skills
- Experience in delivering excellent customer service in a busy and fast paced environment.
- Fluency in English.
- Confidence and the ability to stay calm under pressure.
- Excellent verbal and none verbal communication skills, including outstanding body language.
- Efficient and well organized.
- Outgoing personality, a ‘can-do’ approach.
- Impeccable personal presentation.
- Team player and able to work with different nationalities and cultures.
- Ability to follow and give clear and concise instructions.
- Experience of achieving results in a fast-paced customer service environment.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- An interest in the arts and an enthusiasm for working in a socially engaging and culturally diverse environment.
- Genuine adaptability with a desire to embrace change; an understanding of the need to tailor each customer interaction.
- Flexibility to work irregular hours as the job demand, willing to work shifts including weekends and public holidays.
- Deliver world class customer service to all Dubai Opera stakeholders and proactively promote the full range of Dubai Opera experiences.
- Resolve customer complaints efficiently in a professional manner, escalating issues where necessary to the appropriate Supervisor or Manager
- Enforce Dubai Opera policies that relate to the auditorium/theatre, health & fire safety, building security and FOH services.
- Ensure the safety of the audience during performances and events.
- To immediately report on any accident or incident ensuring appropriate policies and procedures are followed.
- Make regular checks on the general tidiness of Dubai Opera, and report any general problems to the appropriate Supervisor or Manager.
- Be well groomed and wear the national or Dubai Opera uniform at all times.
- To attend regular training sessions and interpret and act upon large amounts of role specific information.
- Before and after each shift, proactively participate in briefings and debriefings
- Assist in the training of new staff.
- Assisting with F&B duties on occasion, including working in an environment where alcohol is served.
- To support other Dubai Opera or Emaar teams when required and to always act in the best interest of Dubai Opera.
- Undertake any other associated reasonable duties and tasks as directed by a Supervisor or Manager.
Dubai Opera - 27 days ago
How to Apply?