IT Support Specialist
1. Assists in planning and implementing changes to workstations and/or servers environment and services and review of operational procedures and workflow and suggest improvements.
2. Ensures operation is maintained at acceptable levels, including any necessary restart, recovery and reconfiguration procedures
3. Evaluates and forecasts network capacity against projects growth and assisting teams to deliver the projects
4. Ensures updated documentation and log work calls, and resolve support calls.
5. Ensures that PCs/laptops are set up and equipped with pre-defined standards/applications for use by users and Provides technical resolution of hardware and office applications problems.
6. Provides effective, efficient and secure networking services and facilities in accordance to standards/service agreements and provides technical support to users in disaster recovery, contingency test, software installation etc.
7. Checks and monitors appropriateness of environmental conditions for the machines and devices in the Service Rooms (UPS, A/C, etc.)
8. Any other ad hoc administrative duty as requested by the Line Manager or Management staff.
Providing IT Services and Support required to keep an organization‘s Systems Operating effectively, including Technical Support for Software, Hardware and Network and also providing Support through Helpdesk and Remote support by adherence of defined policies.
To ensure the jobs assigned are carried out with utmost responsibility and helpdesk tickets are resolved on time. Supports/Manages performance and maintains security of Networks & Users Data. Perform or assist in troubleshooting and diagnosing product's problems and corrects identified problems. Monitor the network & site service room facilities to ensure reliability and availability.
Bachelors/ Master’s Degree or any other relevant qualification in IT
1 – 3 years in a similar position Microsoft Certification such as MCP, MCSE. Basic network certification such as CCNA is a plus
Knowledge & Skills
Knowledge of Windows O/S 8.1 and above, Configuring local & network printers, Different software installation and configuration (MS Office & Outlook and different construction software i.e. CAD, Planning, 3G card etc.), Domain joining Services, Wireless AP and routers configurations and installation, Troubleshooting all type of computer hardware, software and printers, Desktop/ Windows/Network/Telephony troubleshooting & repair, Data Backups and Storage management
Al Naboodah - 30+ days ago
How to Apply?