< Back to All Jobs
Cabot Corporation - 7 hours ago
Jebel Ali Freezone
Posted: 20 February, 2019
In accountable for all employee life cycle matters of Dubai site from hiring, onboarding, all employee relations matter during the working contract. Delivers HR generalist services to a broad client base at Dubai. Aspects of the work include recruitment, development, performance management, employee relations, compensation and benefits. The role is reporting to Facility General Manager of the site. HR Generalist support site on part-time basis (20h/per week).
- Works with local managers to plan and identify current and longer-term staffing needs. Screens and interviews applicants, both internally and externally at all levels. Leads recruitment initiatives, including special in-house events or external recruiting.
- Provides counsel and advice to line management regarding a wide variety of employee relations issues. Facilitates discussions between employees and managers. Actively involved in the implementation and continuous improvement of an effective Performance Based Management (PBM) system to enhance employee performance and development.
- Promotes open communications between employees and managers. Works with managers to develop and execute communication plans.
- Assists with the implementation of training and developmental needs of the organization. Participates in the development and delivery of training programs.
- Provides salary administration support to managers by monitoring pay issues, providing advice throughout the year and particularly during the annual compensation planning cycle.
- Ensures integrity of data entered in the HR Information System; works closely with HRMIS Center as needed. Enters new and updates changes to employee data.
- Assists in the succession and organizational planning processes to assure employee career development and full utilization of resources.
- Assists others in HR or employees directly, as necessary, with expatriation, repatriation, and visa issues.
- Administers HR policies and processes fairly and uniformly.
- Promotes Cabot culture and an environment of open communication between management and employees.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Supports efforts to implement and maintain the Responsible Care® Management System in line with the requirements of the RC14001® technical specification, as applicable to the site/region.
- Throughout knowledge of HR specialties (Benefits, compensation, employment, employee relations, HRMIS, data protection techniques, administration, organization development).
- PC Skills; Ability to generate/develop reports.
- Ability to manage areas such as coaching, career counseling, PBM, etc.
- Strong communications skills in order to interface with employees and managers and handle sensitive issues.
- Ability to facilitate meetings; deliver training.
- Ability to work effectively in teams.
- Bachelor/University degree and 3-5 years’ experience in Human Resource Generalist activities.
Founded in 1882, Cabot Corporation (NYSE: CBT) is a global specialty chemicals and performance materials company, headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. The company is a leading provider of rubber and specialty carbons, activated carbon, inkjet colorants, cesium formate drilling fluids, fumed silica, aerogel and elastomer composites.
Opened in 2009, our Dubai plant manufactures masterbatches and conductive compounds for plastics applications. Our team is comprised of approximately 40 dedicated and passionate employees who help meet the growing demand for our products in the Middle East region.
Our Dubai plant is committed to upholding the highest standards in safety, health and environmental (SH&E) practices, while also striving to make a positive and lasting impact in our local community. Safety is the top priority in everything we do. We have operated for five consecutive years without a recordable safety incident, and we actively participate in the "Drive to Zero," which represents our goal of achieving zero injuries worldwide.
Cabot Corporation - 7 hours ago
How to Apply?