ASSOC DIR-RATINGS ANALYTICAL
We are currently looking for a highly skilled, preferably Arabic speaking individual to join our Corporate & Infrastructure team as an experienced credit analyst based in our Dubai office. You will:
- Perform credit analysis demonstrating the ability to understand and identify key factors that affect issue and issuer credit ratings, through the application of the relevant S&P Global ratings criteria.
- Manage and maintain surveillance on a rating portfolio of about 15 credits as primary analyst, primarily focussing on the corporate and infrastructure sector (including project finance transactions) in the region.
- Actively participate in publishing and outreach activities in the Middle East.
- Lead new transaction and issuer ratings analysis and deliver outcomes in a timely, orderly and insightful manner.
- Analyze original, non-routine complex credit stories and present findings and opinions to a credit rating committee.
- Actively participate in rating committees.
- Prepare a variety of material suitable for publication on S&P Global Ratings credit portal and other media (such as rating reports, press releases, and detailed commentaries) sufficient to disseminate and explain our ratings on a timely basis.
- Lead meetings and interact with senior management of issuers to obtain information upon which to base credit rating decisions.
- Be an analytical role model for colleagues and junior analysts.
- Maintain integrity of analytical or compliance related databases as appropriate.
The Impact: The individual will be able to demonstrate analytical excellence, and strong presentation skills in front of internal and external audiences, and maintain and enhance the quality and timeliness of our analysis. Moreover, you demonstrate the ability to engage with clients at board level and represent S&P Global Ratings in a highly professional manner to global investors. You will be required to prepare and have an active role in meetings with senior management teams to extract and assess information relating to credit quality and to explain our credit rating opinions. Strong communication and organizational skills are also required to present detailed information and reasoned opinions to our credit rating committees.
The Career Opportunity: This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a highly performing analytical team with good potential for professional development.
Your Skills: The successful candidate will have an established track record in credit analysis for corporate and project finance and will be proficient at doing research and drafting issuer and sector analysis, with strong communication skills (both written and verbal), and a passion for service excellence.
- Solid, demonstrable experience of more than five years with a large commercial bank, investment bank, investing institution or an audit company, or other credit institutions, working in the field of corporate and infrastructure (including project finance) credit analysis.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English are essential.
- Have strong analytical skills with a deep understanding of financial statements and accounting concepts.
- Be numerate and accurate with figures and detail orientated with the ability to maintain accuracy whilst complying with deadlines.
- Be very proficient at working with financial models.
- Ability to read and understand loan and bond documentations and other related documentation.
- Knowledge of the Infrastructure and Utility sector would be an advantage.
- The ability to work both independently and within a team environment is critical.
- Be educated to degree level in a relevant business related field, a relevant Master’s degree, CFA or financial qualification would be desirable.
- Be computer literate having strong Excel/Word/PowerPoint and database application skills.
- Be willing to travel, sometimes at short notice.
- Speaking Arabic would be an advantage.
About S&P Global:
S&P Global Ratings is the world’s leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email [email protected] and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.
S&P Global - 10 months ago
How to Apply?